Account Manager – THG─Quota
Über STX Group
STX is at the forefront of global change away from the pollution and depletion of natural resources. STX has been pricing the cost of emissions and pollution for over fifteen years and has helped build trust in carbon-reduction and green energy trading.
With its trading and Corporate Climate Solutions offering, STX ensures directly and indirectly that money goes to the hundreds and thousands of projects that make the world a greener place, while providing corporations with the certified proof points of their contributions to environmental progress.
ABOUT THE FRONT OFFICE
Turning opportunities into solutions – that’s the specialty of STX’s Front Office. Our team works across various domains, including electricity, renewable gas, carbon offsets, biofuels, and energy efficiency. We engage with clients in different markets and countries on a daily basis, and it’s our job to understand their needs and translate them into effective, efficient solutions. To maintain STX’s position as market leader in the fast-changing environmental commodities field, we are continuously capitalizing on new opportunities and optimizing our offering.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“The THG-Quota mechanism is an instrument implemented by the German Government to reduce the CO2 Emissions of the German transportation sector. This mechanism aims to promote the usage of environmentally friendly fuels with the lowest CO2 footprint and to punish fossil fuels with increased taxation. You can help our team to make this sector more sustainable by finding, discussing, and negotiating offtake agreements with sellers and buyers. Our team is the only team within STX to operate an in-house software platform in partnership with countless German utilities and corporates. We believe that the transition of the transportation sector towards carbon neutrality is a vital element for the future of this sector in Germany and globally. Together we are looking forward to having you support us in shaping this exciting paradigm shift.” – Jens Schumacher, Managing Partner, Climate Solutions Desk
ROLE OF ACCOUNT MANAGER
As an Account Manager, you play an important role in driving the business forward. In this highly competitive market, you’ll be responsible for the constant engagement of prospective clients to fully grasp their needs, and apply strategic thinking to tailor-make solutions that cater to these requirements. This role entails exposure to a broad spectrum of professionals at all levels, as well as to companies from various industries and markets. By working strategically to offer clients sustainable solutions, you genuinely help them move forward towards a greener future.
- Expanding and nurturing our existing customer portfolio within the DACH market
- Structuring strategic transactions and trades
- Taking the lead in executing trading strategies
- Proposing new deal structures and transactions complying with the market’s requirements
- Conducting research into the DACH environmental commodities market to keep customers up to date
- Acting as a trusted advisor to existing clients
- Building strong connections with key counterparties
- Being an expert in timing the market to get the best results by acting as a single point of contact for your customers
- Conducting due diligence and investment research on relevant trading strategies
- 1-3 years of working experience in sales, trading, business development, or account management
- Exposure to the environmental commodities market or renewable energy is highly preferred
- At least a Bachelor’s degree
- Business fluent in German
- Commercial and entrepreneurial attitude
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- Attentive and empathetic approach
- Collaborative work style
- Living or willing to relocate to Hamburg, Germany
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at email@example.com.