E2E Power Manager
About Shell Energy
Shell wants to lead the way as a key energy partner for customers, governments and suppliers, in the Energy Transition and has committed to very ambitious targets to be a net-zero emissions energy business by 2050 or sooner. Shell Energy is active in more than 20 European countries and is one of Europe’s key energy suppliers and traders. Our European team covers more than 1000 customers and trades more than 3500 TWhs of gas and power.
Shell Energy and New Energies have the ambition to substantially grow the European B2B/C&I Gas and Power supply and sales business, with a strong focus on supporting customers and partners in their journey towards their carbon emissions and sustainability targets. We aim to help our business partners to achieve the full potential of their portfolio.
Germany is one of the key markets in Europe with an important role to play in the Energy Transition of Royal Dutch Shell as well as of the Shell Energy/New Energies businesses.
The role will support the implementation of the integrated Power Strategy in Germany. Key accountabilities:
- Support the development of a detailed combined integrated German Power Demand (and related Supply) funnel
- Support alternatives for supply in collaboration with P1 (Generation) and P2 (Trading) and the local KAMs
- Provide direct advice to Shell Deutschland’s Energy Transition projects that require power expertise (Electrolyser, Emobility, etc) and lead complex power negotiations where required
- Expert advice and lead of negotiations where required in external customer and partnerships engagements
- Support IT implementation with expert advice on to be IT landscape and key requirements
- Support developing and mastering power operations while developing IT landscape and growing the Power activities.
- Strong interface to SE-EA and local/regional Power Generation teams and working closely with different regulatory teams, understanding country specific framework as translating opportunities/risks for the business and customer
In this role you will be responsible to accelerate the growth of the German Power Business and to directly link it to the other Shell activities in country. This role is an exciting opportunity for to be a visible leading part and a crucial driver of Shell’s Energy Transition in Germany.
- Background in energy (power) with a minimum of 3 years experience in business development, origination, deal delivery, implementation of different structures, operations, as well as in trading environment (green gas/ power)
- Strong knowledge of European power markets and regulations, especially Germany
- Proven key account and very strong stakeholder management skills
- Proven track record of commercial complex deal making from deal identification through to delivery
- Able to develop complex deal structures, work with deal team, manage stakeholders, and run full mandate processes
- Strong understanding of deal economics and business value drivers
- Quick learning and very strong collaboration skills as well as strong can-do mindset, driven by results yet highly resilient, comfortable working in fast-paced and at times uncertain environment
- Excellent communication, stakeholder engagement and relationship building skills (achieving results through others)
- Strong analytical skills to work with large data amount, conflicting insights, new technologies and inter-dependencies
- Creative and critical thinking: Entrepreneurial and challenger mindset
- The ability to shape the implementation with internal and external stakeholders will be key
You will be part of a global team of capable and motivated individuals and as such, will benefit from the ability to work and form relationships with a diverse set of individuals. The position calls for a self-motivated, entrepreneurial and responsible individual with the ability to perform well under pressure and with limited direct supervision. Diversity and differences are seen as opportunities for enhancing Shell’s performance, therefore showing genuine belief in and respect for people is considered key. We welcome people with impairment – please let us know when you need any assistance for your application.
Contact person: Heike Schmid-Beissner, Enterprise E2E Power Business Manager, H.Schmid-Beissner@shell.com
Find us at E-world in hall 1, stand 108.