We're looking for a pro-active, analytical and ambitious Junior Trader to join our Trading Desk at STX Group's headquarters in Amsterdam. The ideal candidate is someone who is not only fluent in English, but who is also very excited about the idea of assisting the traders in optimizing the trade flow & structuring the trading book.
STX Commodities was launched shortly after the introduction of the Kyoto Protocol in 2005. While the team started with a sole focus on carbon-related products, over the years, we have significantly grown our trading solutions to include a vast number and variety of environmental commodities (both physical renewables and certificates for renewables). Today, STX Commodities is a leading global sales-trading organization focused on providing market access and creating liquidity in the very dynamic international renewable energy market. STX has offices in Amsterdam, New York and Gothenburg.
As a Junior Trader within STX Group you will be trained to become a trader in the international environmental commodity markets. For the first 1 to 2 years in this position you will have 3 main responsibilities:
- Assist the traders in optimizing the trade flow
- Support traders in structuring the trading books
- Analyze the qualitative and quantitative fundamentals of the environmental commodities markets to help define trading strategies
In your daily work you will be:
- Working with transactional and analytical data
- Working as a backup and support to the traders
- Doing research and analyzing statistics
- Optimization of the delivery book
- Use your analytical skills to make creative commercial propositions to the traders
- 0-2 years of experience in a trading company as a trader/analyst/researcher
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business (preferably in finance, economics, math)
- Highly skilled in using Excel and VBA. Python and SQL are a big plus
- Strong analytical skills with a commercial drive and proactive attitude
- Strong interest in trading and financial and environmental commodities markets
- Living in (the area of) Amsterdam or willing to relocate
- Fluent in English and preferably another European language
Compensation & benefits
- Fringe benefits, e.g. pension scheme contributions
- Competitive remuneration package
- Professional and international working environment
- Working in a fast-paced company
- Strong focus on personal and professional development
Get in touch
Are you ready for a new challenge and do you want to play a part in building our company's future? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the "apply" button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department on 0031-205357797 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.