Junior Sales Trader – THG─Quota
About STX Group
STX is at the forefront of global change away from the pollution and depletion of natural resources. STX has been pricing the cost of emissions and pollution for over fifteen years and has helped build trust in carbon-reduction and green energy trading.
With its trading and Corporate Climate Solutions offering, STX ensures directly and indirectly that money goes to the hundreds and thousands of projects that make the world a greener place, while providing corporations with the certified proof points of their contributions to environmental progress.
ABOUT THE FRONT OFFICE
Turning opportunities into solutions – that’s the specialty of STX’s Front Office. Our team works across various domains, including electricity, renewable gas, carbon offsets, biofuels, and energy efficiency. We engage with clients in different markets and countries on a daily basis, and it’s our job to understand their needs and translate them into effective, efficient solutions. To maintain STX’s position as market leader in the fast-changing environmental commodities field, we are continuously capitalizing on new opportunities and optimizing our offering.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“The THG-Quota mechanism is an instrument implemented by the German Government to reduce the CO2 Emissions of the German transportation sector. This mechanism aims to promote the usage of environmentally friendly fuels with the lowest CO2 footprint and to punish fossil fuels with increased taxation. You can help our team to make this sector more sustainable by finding, discussing, and negotiating offtake agreements with sellers and buyers. Our team is the only team within STX to operate an in-house software platform in partnership with countless German utilities and corporates. We believe that the transition of the transportation sector towards carbon neutrality is a vital element for the future of this sector in Germany and globally. Together we are looking forward to having you support us in shaping this exciting paradigm shift.” – Jens Schumacher, Managing Partner, Climate Solutions Desk
ROLE OF A JUNIOR SALES TRADER
As a Junior Sales Trader, you play an important role in driving the business forward. In this highly competitive market, you’ll constantly engage with prospective clients to fully grasp their needs, and apply strategic thinking to tailor-make solutions that cater to these requirements. This role entails exposure to a broad spectrum of professionals at all levels, as well as to companies from various industries and markets. By working strategically to offer clients sustainable solutions, you genuinely help them move forward towards a greener future.
- Structuring strategic transactions and trades
- Taking the lead in executing trading strategies
- Expanding our existing customer portfolio within the European market
- Through business development identify and follow up on new leads
- Proposing new deal structures and transactions complying with the market’s requirements
- Conducting research into the Central European environmental commodities market to keep customers up to date
- Acting as a trusted advisor to new and existing clients
- Building strong connections with key counterparties
- Being an expert in timing the market in order to get the best results by acting as a single point of contact for your customers
- Conducting due diligence and investment research on relevant trading strategies
- 0-2 years of working experience within a sales, trading, business development, or account management role
- Exposure to the environmental commodities market or renewable energy is advantageous
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher)
- Fluent in English and German
- Commercial and entrepreneurial attitude
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- Attentive and empathetic approach
- Collaborative work style
- Living or willing to relocate to Hamburg
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Willy-Brandt-Straße 23 | 20457 Hamburg | Deutschland