The Market Analyst, working closely with the Business Intelligence and Marketing Manager and other colleagues within the commercial department, is responsible for analysing and developing insights about IUK’s position within the GB and North West European (NWE) gas markets. The role will be instrumental in establishing a set of analytical tools and processes which will be used to assess current market developments, analyse competitive behaviours and pressures within the relevant markets, and enhance understanding of future market trends and developments which are likely to impact the Company’s commercial position and service offering.
This role is full time and permanent although there is some flexibility available such as occasional home working and start and end times to suit business and personal circumstances.
- Conduct analysis to inform commercial decisions regarding the Company’s product development and service delivery initiatives.
- Maintain existing analytical tools and develop new models, tools, techniques and processes to assess the Company’s market position, improve market awareness and forecasting ability and develop deep market insights.
- Undertake competition analysis to develop and maintain awareness of the competitive challenges within the commercial environment.
- Maintain and develop route cost analysis models and techniques to inform pricing decisions, identify value opportunities and market risks.
- Develop and maintain tools to interface with relevant internal and external data sources - to access accurate and timely information regarding the supply/demand status of the gas systems and analyse fundamental trends.
- Prepare material for presentations at internal and external meetings with major stakeholders.
- Provide support in fulfilling reporting obligations to industry regulators and other stakeholders on commercial performance and outcomes.
- Maintain contact with customers, industry analysts and other asset operators to gain understanding of customer requirements and developing industry and market trends.
What we’re looking for
- Graduate – a degree with an analytical focus preferred
- Analytical plus commercial experience within the gas/wider energy industry preferred
- High level of numeracy and analytical skills – able to review, analyse and report on data and information of varying complexity
- Experience in data handling, gathering and analysis techniques (e.g. use of APIs, power queries, pivot tables, BI packages) essential
- Able to communicate analytical outputs effectively
- Excellent writing, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent standard of computer literacy, covering both standard packages (e.g. MS Office, Sharepoint etc.) as well as specialist BI tools
- Organised, self-motivated and proactive, flexible approach to supporting multiple aspects of the commercial function within a Company
- Team player - able to work within small teams and foster good team working relationships
If you think this role could be for you then please email your CV, a covering letter and salary expectations to the HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting IUK12.