We are now looking to recruit a Regulatory Analyst who will support the Regulatory Affairs Manager in taking forward IUK’s regulatory agenda, with a particular focus on the European and GB Network Code/legislative developments and their impact on IUK’s business. Understanding, anticipating and where possible shaping these regulatory requirements is key for the continued success of the company.
This role is full time and permanent although there is some flexibility available in terms of occasional home working and start and end times to suit business and personal circumstances.
- Monitor and analyse EU, GB and Belgian regulatory initiatives, in particular Network Codes and other European legislation. Prepare briefing material and draft consultation responses. Take lead responsibility in selected areas.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of IUK’s commercial and regulatory model, and its competitive environment.
- Analyse issues and develop appropriate public material on IUK proposals.
- Brief key internal IUK staff on regulatory issues, present options for implementation and help achieve compliance.
- Support the commercial team in the development of new services, review their regulatory compliance and the drafting of their terms and conditions.
- Together with the Regulatory Affairs Manager, maintain the Company’s relationship with the various regulatory and governmental authorities; represent IUK at stakeholder meetings and industry forums.
- Provide general support to the Managing Director and Regulatory Affairs Manager and other members of the Commercial and Regulation team.
Qualifications and experience required
- Degree educated preferably in Engineering, Economics, Law or a related subject
- Previous experience in the energy industry (gas industry preferred) with some regulatory exposure and looking to build on your existing experience
- Good analytical and numeracy skills – able to review, analyse and report on information of varying complexity
- Keen and able to communicate effectively with people inside and outside of the organisation at all levels, including excellent drafting skills and verbal presentation skills
- Excellent standard of computer literacy
- Able and willing to undertake European travel as required for the performance of the job
- A critical thinker with attention to detail in all aspects of work
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team
If you think this role could be for you then please email your CV, a covering letter and salary expectations to the HR department at email@example.com quoting reference IUK11.