Senior Energy Analyst
Montel ist ein wichtiger Informationsanbieter für die europäischen Energiemärkte, der sich auf unabhängige, marktbewegende Nachrichten, Daten und Analysen spezialisiert hat, die genau, ausgewogen und für Fachleute in diesem Sektor unverzichtbar sind. Gestützt auf unser umfangreiches Portfolio an Echtzeitpreisen, Fundamentaldaten, technischen Analysen und Wettervorhersagediensten informiert unser Team erfahrener Reporter die Abonnenten über die neuesten Entwicklungen auf den europäischen und globalen Energiemärkten.
The role: We are looking for a highly motivated, organised and insightful Senior Energy Analyst to help us to inform investors, banks, traders and government agencies as we consolidate our position in established markets and grow our products and services by developing the skills and knowledge base of our teams. We need someone who is comfortable interacting and building relationships with new and existing customers who operate at all levels of an organisation. As a Senior Analyst you will also be required to mentor junior team members, share knowledge, and best practices.
This is an important business role, key to the future growth of our business. EnAppSys is part of Montel Group and we aim to continue our year-on-year double-digit growth by expanding further into new territories. We provide services globally from our bases across Europe.
What we need…
Analysing UK and European energy data, via bespoke software applications and Excel
Producing professional consultancy reports for EnAppSys’ key clients, mainly in Word and PowerPoint
Work closely with our clients to provide consultancy and market knowledge about UK and European Electricity Markets
You will be educated to Degree level (or equivalent) with a strong preference for mathematics, science, computing, or engineering. You will be highly numerate and analytical, preferably with a business bias. Additional languages would be an advantage.
Skills essential to the role include:
- Highly numerate and analytical preferably with a business bias
- Modelling (python as a preference)
- Market and regulation monitoring
- strong communication, report writing and influencing skills
- excellent excel skills including macro development using VBA
- ability to work on your own initiative as well as within a team
- ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Salary: Competitive (negotiable depending on experience)
- Location: Initially Stockton-on-Tees but opportunities to work out of offices in NL / other countries. Travel is a requirement of the role
- Start Date: ASAP
- Please apply with CV and a covering letter detailing your required notice period, and confirmation that you are permitted to work within the UK
We’re not only going the extra mile for our clients, but also for you…
- personal performance and profit related bonus paid quarterly.
- Free on-site car parking and bicycle storage. Business Park also has on-site cafe and nearby shops. The building has a staff shower, outdoor seating space, kitchen facilities and refreshments.
- Opportunities for career growth and plenty of training opportunities
- Great working environment
- No strict hierarchies
- Open-door policy