Senior ETRM Analyst
Vattenfall is a European energy company with approximately 20 000 employees. For more than 100 years we have electrified industries, supplied energy to people’s homes and modernized our way of living through innovation and cooperation. We now want to make fossil-free living possible within one generation. To be able to reach this ambitious goal we are looking for talented individuals who, in addition to their passion for their own role, also have strong team spirit and want to contribute to supporting a meaningful corporate mission.
Within Vattenfall, Business Area Markets optimizes assets and effectively sources and trades commodities, thus ensuring best value for both Vattenfall and our customers. BA Markets is active across Europe with around 450 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, the Netherlands, and the UK.
In BA Markets the mission of the Unit OU Operations is to drive the digital transformation. OU Operations consists of diverse and highly skilled employees from more than 20 countries. We work internationally from our locations in Stockholm, Hamburg and Amsterdam.
At Vattenfall, we don’t just “do energy”, we exist to help our customers power their lives in ever climate smarter ways and free from fossil fuel within one generation. If you are looking for interesting challenges and the opportunity to be part of this change, then join our diverse and talented team and make a difference!
For our office in Hamburg we are looking for a Senior ETRM Analyst.
Are you attracted by working hands-on with the coordination and implementation of energy trading products in a dynamic and fast-changing IT and process landscape? Then this may be the perfect opportunity for you:
- Perform comprehensive requirements engineering and solution design in our trading and deal lifecycle system “Endur” but also in up- and downstream systems and processes.
- Take responsibility for the implementation of new products. This is hands-on but largely coordinating various agile teams to deliver their part of the implementation required.
- Work independently with a fast growing and increasingly differentiated product portfolio of renewable and conventional commodity and derivative products.
- Team up with experts in our and neighboring teams and continuously develop your market and product know-how.
- Pro-actively drive continuous improvements such as harmonizing processes around emissions certificate handling or Power Purchase Agreement contract implementations.
- University degree in natural sciences, IT, mathematics, engineering, business administration or similar qualification.
- A very strong team player with a self-driven attitude and proficient communication and organization skills. Building up and maintaining a personal network is part of your natural working style and you view working alongside a multitude of stakeholders as an exciting challenge.
- At least five years of practical experience with ETRM systems and deal life-cycles in an energy trading or banking environment. Profound knowledge in ENDUR and a sound understanding of commodity and derivative trading processes.
- Fluent English (both written and spoken) is a must-have in this position.
- Creative, pragmatic and a keen eye to develop fit-for-purpose solutions whilst continuously looking for smart ways to optimize the current setup.
- Previous experience in a Business Analyst role will ease your transition into this position.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
At Vattenfall you will be in charge of powering climate smarter living through cutting-edge technological solutions. We offer you a chance to use your expertise in IT for solving global challenges while constantly learning new things, developing professionally and gain a solid understanding of the energy utility business as well. Besides being a challenging and inspiring place to work, we value a great work atmosphere. If you want to work in the forefront of technological innovation, have autonomy and freedom in your ways of working and the support of an international network of colleagues, Vattenfall is the right place for you.
We offer good remuneration, attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Permanent contract, full-time (part-time negotiable)
- Central office in Hamburg
- Working partly from home is possible
- 30 days of vacation leave