Software Engineer Trading Platform – Volue Trading Solutions
About Volue Germany GmbH
Our technological innovations boost the energy market. With our digital expertise and our market know-how we are actively promoting the energy transition. Volue Trading Solutions has a stable and sustainable business model with strong growth potential. For about 10 years we have operated in a highly competitive environment. We place particular emphasis on agility and openness in our collaboration.
Would you like to join us in making the energy markets ready for the future?
As Software Engineer at Volue Trading Solutions, you will:
- be responsible for planning, building and maintaining the most important part of our business: our trading platform. This platform is constantly optimized adapted to the changing markets and requirements of our customers.
- work with the latest technology, assess new possibilities and improve our software while making sure that we are delivering great products that live up to our standards of reliability and performance.
- be a sparring partner to the business, help understanding customers’ needs, build prototypes and refine specifications in an agile development process.
- help driving the whole software platform towards a modular, agile and performant service landscape that is based on the latest technology and development processes.
Who are we looking for?
- Software development: the best ideas only work, if you can put them into code. Clean, elegant, tested code, that separates concerns – the complexity of the domain would kill us otherwise. You pick your tool according to the task at hand. The Trading Platform is written in C#; web clients are created with React. New challenges might need new tools – other programming skills are welcome as well.
- Problem solver: you love to solve problems, riddles small and large, and take a pragmatic approach doing so. Markets constantly evolve, and so our solutions need to do so as well. It’s usually worth picking the low hanging fruits first, while making the software flexible enough to extend it later.
- Team player: you will collaborate with all areas of our business, developers of the different software platforms, quants, the infrastructure, sales and customer success teams. You’ll need to bi-directionally understand and explain requirements and find solutions collaboratively.
- Great communicator: you have good communication skills in English
Why should you apply?
- Working at the core of an innovative, growing company, enabling the green transition
- Creative work environment with great learning opportunities in software develop, data analytics and algorithmic trading
- Large degree of influence in shaping & developing the role further
- Great colleagues in one of Europe’s most exciting green tech companies
- Attractive salary with profit-sharing/competitive compensation package
- 30 days annual leave
- Flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home
As a company, we might be a new player, but we know the game better than most. Founded by some of the most experienced and innovative technology companies in the industry, Volue's DNA has been the transition to sustainable and digital services.
Volue is about people. From staff to client, people are at the center of all our operations, and we always strive for a flat structure where everyone feels included, appreciated and recognized for their individual efforts. Or as we call it "ONE Volue". We hire talented individuals, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, cultural background or religious beliefs.