The Power Market Analyst
Ezpada is trading global commodities and striving to achieve exceptional results by leveraging on analytics, market expertise and a diligent risk culture. We achieve this by attracting and empowering the best people, putting them in a position to both participate and lead in our growth, and by continuously investing in technology.
The Power Market Analyst will play a key role in strengthening our fundamental and quantitative market research and modelling capabilities. The candidate will employ and blend classic fundamental models, quantitative algorithms, and machine learning techniques. He/she will also support the development of our forecasting infrastructure and trading strategies for the spot and forward markets of the future.
In addition to pushing our analytical edge and tools, he/she will support the European Power Trading Desk with operational day-to-day analysis.
Rigorous analysis and the application of quantitative decision-making is at the heart of Ezpada’s trading philosophy – thus this position is key to the European Power Trading Desk’s success.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Create new and improve existing fundamental and quantitative power market models
- Apply analysis, modelling, and forecasting techniques and produce deployable models
- Produce and communicate power price forecasts to traders
- Collect and maintain important data and information for power markets
- Research market developments and news affecting the European power market
- Communicate the point of view for power markets through presentations, reports, and other forms of communication
- Contribute to the PnL by continuously improving accuracy and timeliness of forecasts as well as suggesting and researching trading strategies
What knowledge and experience should you bring?
- ·Academic background: Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline like Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering or Finance
- Solid power market background, preferably with broad exposure to European power markets
- Excellent database and programming skills (SQL, Python)
- Background in applied machine learning and optimization techniques
- Experience with algorithmic trading and quantitative models is a plus
- Language skills: Proficiency in English is essential, an additional business language is a plus
What competencies should you posses?
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate with various internal stakeholders
- High quality problem solving in a fast-moving commercial environment
- Curious and proactive
- Adhering to Principles and Values
- Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives
- Willingness to share knowledge
Ezpada offers a great and international work environment with opportunities for continuous learning and development.
Our compensation and bonus structure are competitive and transparent.
What sets us apart as a trading group is the high level of expertise of our senior traders and analysts, a strictly analytical approach in identifying areas of opportunity, a culture of sharp risk management on all levels, and the team spirit of our people.
If you see yourself as a successful future Ezpadian, we look forward to hearing from you!