Junior Sales Trader – GoO
Über STX Group
STX is at the forefront of global change away from the pollution and depletion of natural resources. STX has been pricing the cost of emissions and pollution for over fifteen years and has helped build trust in carbon-reduction and green energy trading.
With its trading and Corporate Climate Solutions offering, STX ensures directly and indirectly that money goes to the hundreds and thousands of projects that make the world a greener place, while providing corporations with the certified proof points of their contributions to environmental progress.
ABOUT THE FRONT OFFICE
Turning opportunities into solutions – that’s the specialty of STX’s Front Office. Our team works across various domains, including electricity, renewable gas, carbon offsets, biofuels, and energy efficiency. We engage with clients in different markets and countries on a daily basis, and it’s our job to understand their needs and translate them into effective, efficient solutions. To maintain STX’s position as market leader in the fast-changing environmental commodities field, we are continuously capitalizing on new opportunities and optimizing our offering.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“The Guarantee of Origin Desk is one of the larger in the company. As the GoO product is a key tool for both suppliers and corporates to reach their renewable targets – Adding liquidity to this market and thinking in solutions remain our top priority. We need to constantly reinvent ourselves and develop in line with an ever-changing market. This can mean anything from conceptualizing new trading ideas or structures to investing in technology – we constantly innovate to ensure that we grow. I love working for a desk and company that encourages continuous growth and development. It’s a mindset that I resonate with personally.” – David Ceder, Head of Guarantee of Origin (GoO) Desk
ROLE OF A JUNIOR SALES TRADER
As a Junior Sales Trader, you play an important role in driving the business forward. In this highly competitive market, you’ll constantly engage with prospective clients to fully grasp their needs, and apply strategic thinking to tailor-make solutions that cater to these requirements. This role entails exposure to a broad spectrum of professionals at all levels, as well as to companies from various industries and markets. By working strategically to offer clients sustainable solutions, you genuinely help them move forward towards a greener future.
- Structuring strategic transactions and trades
- Taking the lead in executing trading strategies
- Expanding our existing customer portfolio within the European market
- Through business development identify and follow up on new leads
- Proposing new deal structures and transactions complying with the market’s requirements
- Conducting research into the Central European environmental commodities market to keep customers up to date
- Acting as a trusted advisor to new and existing clients
- Building strong connections with key counterparties
- Being an expert in timing the market in order to get the best results by acting as a single point of contact for your customers
- Conducting due diligence and investment research on relevant trading strategies
- 0-2 years of working experience within a sales, trading, business development, or account management role
- Exposure to the environmental commodities market or renewable energy is advantageous
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher)
- Fluent in English and German
- Commercial and entrepreneurial attitude
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- Attentive and empathetic approach
- Collaborative work style
- Living or willing to relocate to Hamburg
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at email@example.com.
Willy-Brandt-Straße 23 | 20457 Hamburg | Deutschland